JETT = Junior Elite Tennis Teams
Our Junior Elite Tennis Teams are a select group of junior players who show promise and commitment to tennis. Our team practices focus on getting players tournament ready with the support they need, and we accomplish this by focusing on drills, strategy, and the mental game. Players are invited to join the teams by our Club Pros who have seen them in action.
We offer Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons for the teams. Please contact Matt Iwersen about team availability by calling the club at 360-733-5050.
Tennis, pizza, and now “Wii Tennis” too! Have fun in this match play tennis for middle school kids at the intermediate level. Must be a Club Member, enrolled in our Tennis Clinics level Aces 3 or above, or approved by one of our Pros. Includes pizza! One of our Pros is on-site to help organize play.
Click here to reserve your space now. Scroll to find the event you are interested in!
Designed specifically with the 14-18 year old tennis player in mind, TRX for Teens training uses hundreds of functional movements to build core stability, rotational power and improved balance–all essential for developing a smooth and powerful stroke. Maximum 10 participants, meets Tues or Thurs 4:15-5:00pm.
Each year, the Bellingham Tennis Club offers up to four year-long Tennis Scholarships open to high school students in Whatcom County. Each scholarship is valued at over $2500 and includes Club Initiation, one year-long Tennis Membership, 12 group tennis lessons with the other scholarship winners, one summer tennis camp, two tennis clinics, and entry fees to four Bellingham Tennis Club tennis tournaments. Scholarships are awarded based on academics, community service, commitment to tennis, financial need, tennis talent and potential. Applications are due by the first Wednesday in June with with award announcements on June 16th. The scholarship begins July 1st. The value of each High School Tennis Scholarship is over $2500 per student.
Click HERE for the High School Tennis Scholarship Application.
We would like to congratulate our 4 new scholarship recipients for the 2014/2015 season:
- Dominik Madden, Mt. Baker HS
- Hailey Holland, Sehome HS
- Susan Laitsch, Squalicum HS
- Oriana LoCicero, Bellingham HS
State Qualifier Scholarships
We are proud to offer support to local high school tennis players who have qualified for state. In Whatcom County, each boy who has qualified and girl who played at state the previous year will receive a complimentary Tennis Membership from January through May. The value of each scholarship is over $500
Congratulations to our 2015 State Qualifier Recipients:
- Andrea Clawson – Senior – Sehome – 2014 State Qualified Singles
- Simone Hall – Senior – Sehome – 2014 State Doubles Champion
- Taylor Harris – Senior – Sehome – 2014 3rd Place Doubles
- Madison Harris – Senior – Sehome – 2014 3rd Place Doubles
- Natalie Knops – Senior – Sehome – 2014 4th Place Doubles
- Ali Morrow – Junior – Sehome – 2014 4th Place Singles
- Drew Segren – Senior – Squalicum – 2015 State Qualified Doubles
- Max Shmotolokha – Junior – Sehome – 2015State Qualified Singles
- Kevin Smiley – Junior – Squalicum -2015 State Qualified Doubles
- Lauren Smith – Junior – Sehome – 2014 2nd Place Singles